30 people have been confirmed killed and dozens more are feared dead in the London tower block fire break out, police said on Friday, as firefighters continued searching for dead bodies amid outrage over the use of cladding blamed for spreading the flames.

12 Missing, 30 Confirmed Dead In London Tower Block Fire Outbreak

We know that at least 30 people have died as a result of this fire… I do believe the number will increase, police commander Stuart Cundy told reporters in front of the charred Grenfell Tower.

ALSO SEE:  Army To Give N500,000 To Anybody That Gives Information On Suicide Bomber

Cundy said police had started a criminal investigation but there was nothing to suggest that the fire had been started deliberately.

He also said the last flames had finally been put out, two days after the fire broke out in the night between Tuesday and Wednesday in the 24-storey tower in a working-class enclave of the wealthy London borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

More than 70 people are unaccounted for, according to media reports, although it was not known whether some of those were among the bodies recovered so far.

ALSO SEE:  Osinbajo Is Planning To Appoint El-Rufai As VP - Fani-Kayode

Police have warned some of the victims may never be identified because of the state of the remains.

Cundy said one of the victims was a person who died in hospital. Twenty-four injured survivors are still being treated, 12 of them in critical care.

London unrelenting Firefighters used drones and sniffer dogs to search the building, saying that some of the upper floors are still inaccessible to humans because of concerns about the stability of the building.

ALSO SEE:  Doyin Okupe Announces His Resignation From PDP
12 Missing, 30 Confirmed Dead In London Tower Block Fire Outbreak
Follow

Wole Oduwole

Editor/Content Manager at TalkGlitz Media
Contact via wole@talkglitz.tv
Whatsapp/Call: +2348162200229
12 Missing, 30 Confirmed Dead In London Tower Block Fire Outbreak
Follow

Write A Comment