News

BREAKING: Italian Man Who Brought Coronavirus To Nigeria Now Tests Negative

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

The Commissioner of Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, has confirmed that the Italian who brought coronavirus to Nigeria now tests negative.

He said this at a press conference on Thursday.

According to him, the Italian will be tested one more time and will be released if he tests negative again.

However, the deadly Coronavirus was first recorded in Nigeria on February 27 when the Italian man, who was on a visit to Lafarge Africa Plc, Ewekoro, Ogun State, was diagnosed with the disease and taken to Lagos State.

ALSO SEE  COVID-19 Lockdown: Three Reportedly Killed As Police And Youths Clash In Kaduna [PHOTOS]

The second coronavirus case was a Nigerian, who had contact with the Italian and was isolated in Ogun State. Although he tested positive twice, subsequent tests were negative.

“The WHO has told African countries to prepare for the worst as the Coronavirus will soon hit the continent.

The disease, however has taken over 6, 000 lives and over 100, 000 people have been tested positive of the Coronavirus.

Our correspondent ( Eric Patrick) learnt that Ghana, Togo, South Africa, Egypt and other African countries have recorded their Coronavirus dead.

ALSO SEE  Uber Includes Boat Service In Lagos

Nigeria still fighting to cum the virus has so far recorded no dead as the total number of eight persons have been tested positive of the virus.

The Lagos state government has allegedly ban schools from functioning and stopped more than five gathering.

More from talkGlitz.tv

ALSO SEE  Coronavirus: Italian Minister Urges Tourists Not To Cancel Trips
Advertisements

Write A Comment