News

Buhari Declares Sambisa Forest Has Been Reclaimed From Boko Haram

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

President has commended on the capture of , widely regarded as ’s last enclave. The President made the commendation in a State House press statement issued on Saturday.

“I delighted at, and most proud of the gallant troops of the Nigerian Army, on receipt of the long-awaited and most gratifying news of the final crushing of Boko Haram terrorists in their last enclave in Sambisa Forest.

I want to use this opportunity to commend the determination, courage, and resilience of troops of Operation Lafiya Dole at finally entering and crushing the remnants of the Boko Haram insurgents at “Camp Zero,” which is located deep within the heart of Sambisa Forest,” said President Buhari.

ALSO SEE  Buhari's Government Worst So Far In Education Funding - ASUU

The President said he was informed by the Chief of Army Staff, Major-General TY Buratai, that the camp fell at about 1:35 pm on Friday, December 23 and that the terrorists no longer have a place to hide.

President Buhari urged the troops sustain the momentum by also ensuring that the terrorists are made to face justice and called on Nigerians to support the Armed Forces and other security agencies by providing useful information that will expose all terrorists hiding among the populace. He also called for the intensification of efforts to rescue the remaining Chibok girls.

ALSO SEE  The "Surrender" Of Boko Haram And The Opening Of A New Front South Of The Niger

“Further efforts should be intensified to locate and free our remaining Chibok girls still in captivity. May God be with them. I also want to congratulate and commend the able leadership of the Nigerian Army in particular and indeed, that of the Armed Forces in general, for making this possible,” said President Buhari.

More from talkGlitz.tv

ALSO SEE  Atiku Labels Lai Mohammed "The High Priest Of APC Cult"
Advertisements

Write A Comment