Former Minster of Education and Bring Back Our Girls, BBOG, activist, Oby Ezekwesili has voiced out her concerns as regards the incessant attacks by the herdsmen on citizens of the country.
Oby in a series of tweets called out the Federal Government on its inaction to the massacres and attacks perpetrated by the Fulani herdsmen.
She further called on the president, Muhammadu Buhari to sit up and act accordingly in order to bring an end to recurrence of the mayhem.
– No nation survives Government inaction in the face of persistent assault on VALUE of LIFE. At what point will FG DECISIVELY TACKLE HERDSMEN?No nation survives Government inaction in the face of persistent assault on VALUE of LIFE. At what point will FG DECISIVELY TACKLE HERDSMEN?
– Many times, one has asked the FG to replicate its counter-insurgency effort in tackling #HERDSMEN. Why is there a seeming lack of TRACTION?
– I had written several other times that TENTATIVENESS on #HERDSMEN is eerily similar to how Boko Haram was handled in early days. WHY REPEAT?
– Human Dignity is the CORE VALUE on which healthy social interaction is forged & social capital accumulated. WHY HAVE WE TRASHED THIS VALUE?
– My heart goes out to our Benue State kith & kin who once again have NEEDLESSLY been slaughtered. FG MUST ACT TO END TO THE KILLINGS. ACT!!!
– Why has NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE failed to offer the Nigerian public a COHERENT information on this menace of #HERDSMEN? WHO ARE THEY, REALLY??
– President @MBuhari Citizens DEMAND that YOU not only ACT but be ACTUALLY SEEN TO ACT on the #HERDSMEN MAYHEM. Your CITIZENS ARE DYING. ACT!
– My heart goes out to our Benue State kith & kin who once again have NEEDLESSLY been slaughtered. FG MUST ACT TO END THE KILLINGS. ACT!!!
She further metioned the recent killing of two women, Bridget Agbahime in Kano and more recently, Eunice Elisha’s killing by suspected Islamists in Abuja. She wrote:
– Two women – Bridget Agbahime & now
Eunice Elisha have been NEEDLESSLY KILLED for their faith. FG & @PoliceNG OWE THEM SPEEDY JUSTICE.
– As I had indicated when #BridgetAgbahime was killed in cold blood in Kano, WE are following the @PoliceNG prosecution CLOSELY 4 her JUSTICE.
– ALL CITIZENS MUST DEMAND that FG ACTS DECISIVELY with JUDICIARY to MAKE EXAMPLES of those that KILL fellow Citizens like #BridgetAndEunice
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- Brighton Signs Nigerian Defender, Leon Balogun From Mainz ’05 - May 22, 2018
- FA Cup: Chelsea vs Manchester United 1 – 0 [HIGHLIGHTS] - May 19, 2018
- EFCC Debate: Between Hushpuppi And Deji Adeyanju - May 19, 2018