With over 3.5 billion views on Youtube and still counting, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee‘s Despacito would effortlessly pass as the biggest hit song of the Summer.
In July, the combined plays of “Despacito” and its remix made the track the most-streamed song of all time, across all streaming platforms. This week, the song also tied Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men’s “One Sweet Day” for the most weeks at No. 1 in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.
Rounding out Spotify’s global top three songs of the summer were DJ Khaled’s “Wild Thoughts” (featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller) and French Montana’s “Unforgettable” (featuring Rae Sremmurd’s Swae Lee).
Here are 5 out of Spotify’s global top 20 songs of the summer:
- Daddy Yankee, Luis Fonsi – “Despacito – Remix” (feat. Justin Bieber)
- DJ Khaled – “Wild Thoughts” (feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller)
- French Montana – “Unforgettable” (feat. Swae Lee)
- DJ Khaled – “I’m the One” (feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper, Lil Wayne)
- J Balvin, Willy William – “Mi Gente”
- Ed Sheeran – “Shape of You”
However, Twitter analytics claims ‘Despacito’ is not even the highest mentioned/tweeted song as it appears behind “Down” by Fifth Harmony featuring Gucci Mane was the most tweeted about #SongofSummer.
Second place went to “Crying in the Club” by former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello, with “Despacito” coming in third.
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- #Techaholics To Gather For Independence Day Celebration In Abeokuta, Oct 2 - September 25, 2017
- ICYMI: The Desola Twitter Buzz And Nigerians’ Clamor For ‘Nud€s’ - September 25, 2017
- Shaydee ft. WizKid – Make Sense - September 24, 2017