The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that plans for the additional 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) have just been concluded.
Mr. Fabian Benjamin, the board’s Head, Media and Information announced this in an interview with the press in Lagos.
The examination is scheduled for July 1 and it is to give candidates with issues of late registration and others opportunity to write the Computer-Based Test.
1. The board announced that affected candidates for the rescheduled examination will be sent text messages to the effect of their qualification.
2. They should be expecting such notifications before 12-midnight ofThursday, June 15.
3. Messages will also be sent to their e-mail addresses. Their profile will also contain the information as it had been updated.
4. Also, all candidates whose results have been cancelled following their involvement in examination irregularities will also be notified through their e-mails, text messages as well as their profiles.
5. Candidates whose results have been cancelled are not eligible for the supplementary examination.
6. Candidates for the rescheduled examination will also be notified of the date and venue on or before Monday, June 19.
7. Candidates should check their result status to avoid being extorted by fraudsters who might want to seize the opportunity to exploit them.
8. Candidates are advised to avail themselves of the open door and inclusive policy of the board to seek clarification where the need arises, from any of our offices nationwide.
9. Candidates should not fall victim to fraudsters, unauthorized web operators and Computer based centers(CBT’s) asking them of money to reverse the cancellation of their result or to check one information or the other.