Born Sunday Ishola Adeniyi Adegeye to Nigerian royal family in Ondo, he is popular known as King Sunny Ade and often refer himself as the Minister For Enjoyment. His father was a church organist, while his mother was a trader.
1. King Sunny Adé actually left grammar school in Ondo under the pretense of going to the University of Lagos. On getting to Lagos, he kicked off with his music career.
2. Sunny Ade was signed to Island Records, the same label that managed Bob Marley
3. Ade is the first African to be nominated for Grammy Awards twice
4. King Sunny Ade made a cameo appearance in the 1983 Hollywood movie, ‘Breathless’ which stars Richard Gere
5. New York Times described KSA as one of the greatest band leaders of all times.
TRENDING SONGS 💹
TOP PICKS 🔥