Liverpool will have to deal with Nathaniel Clyne being away for the next three months owing to the pre-season injury he sustained in July.
Nathaniel Clyne who just came out of surgery will be missing in action and won’t be back until February as his medical stated.
Clyne had started running again at Melwood in September when Jürgen Klopp called his progress encouraging but the 26‑year‑old has had surgery which will delay his return further. The setback is even more frustrating for the England defender with time running out for him to stake a claim for a World Cup squad place.
In what has been a season punctuated by injuries for Liverpool, Sadio Mané is heading back to Merseyside having aggravated his hamstring injury. The forward, who had only returned to domestic action against West Ham on 4 November, has been sent back to Melwood after leading Senegal to World Cup qualification.
Last season, Clyne played all but one of Liverpool’s 38 Premier League games, making a total of 41 appearances in all competitions.
Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold have played in his absence this term.
Earlier in November manager Jurgen Klopp said Clyne had suffered “a little setback” in his recovery.
“That’s how back problems are,” he said.
“We showed him to specialists all over the world and it is not a big problem, it just needs time, that is all.”
Latest posts by Kingsley Ohioma (see all)
- PDP Wins 23 Chairmanship Seats In Rivers State LG Elections - June 18, 2018
- A Teacher Proposes To His Students Mum And The Student And They Both Said “Yes” - June 17, 2018
- World Cup 2018: Russia vs Saudi Arabia 5 – 0 [HIGHLIGHTS] - June 14, 2018