After making successive release of a music video as a solo artist, Peter Okoye also known as Mr P of the defunct P Square has stated clearly that he’s done doing business with his brothers.
Mr. P introduced his new manager earlier today on Instagram. There, he wrote:
Formal introduction! Meet my manager @vzhun Welcome to the PClassic team?? ???????????? Her contact details on my bio??#KingOfEmpire?? #CoolitDown#ForMyHead??♂️
Work Mode! #Manager#Pclassic#coolitdown#formyhead ???????????????
In an interview on Inspiration 92.3 FM, Mr P sat through the lunch hour, telling his story of why one of our favorite Nigerian group P Square is no more, and what he’s doing to move forward.
Mr P also fielded phone calls from fans who wished him well in his new journey.
Explaining to his fans, Mr P said he’s telling the story so that people will know what happened.
He said that more important than the business side of things is the family, and singing together is breaking their relationship, which he doesn’t want.
He added that he’s done with doing business (i.e music) with his family, adding that going solo could be a blessing in disguise.
Some other points he made:
- It’s not about us singing together that really matters because that’s what you guys know, but think about family
This could be a blessing in disguise.
- I’m not trying to break the family or make anyone look bad. I don’t hate anybody and I’m not trying to make my brothers feel bad.
- I wish everybody the best. Everybody is doing well now, let’s just keep it that way.
- I came out to sing alone to show people I can sing because if I hadn’t done so people will keep thinking otherwise.
- My mother, if she was alive, would have said we should remain together but not do music (business) together.
- I’m doing my best to settle with my family but they (family) are not ready. However, for the business aspect, I’m done.
- Mr P also revealed he wrote the lyrics to remix of “Bizzy Body.” A fan sang the line: “Peter and Paul dem be one no be two” when he said he actually wrote the song.
Asked why he still uses the name P Square, he answered that it is impossible to tell his story without mentioning the story. He said: “I’m still using P Square on my social media because you can’t talk about my story without mentioning P Square.”
He also said he can perform any of P Square’s songs on stage since he contributed to making them, adding that his brother (Paul) can do so as well.
Music blogger 𝅘𝅥𝅯
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- Wale Kwame – All Over You ft. Davido, Kwesi Arthur - June 15, 2019
- Top 10 Naija Songs: Fireboy DML, Burna Boy Take The Lead This Week - June 15, 2019
- Teni – Power Rangers - June 15, 2019
HOTTEST FOREIGN SONGS
HOTTEST NAIJA SONGS
TOP PICKS 🔥