The leadership of the students’ body has reacted to recent reduction in the rate of mobilization among graduates by NYSC.
Read statement below:
The attention of the leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, have been drawn to the recent directive from the NYSC to slash the number of graduands from every tertiary institutions to be mobilised for the scheme by over 70%. This they claim is as a result of lack of resources. The development has caused a lot of confusion in our students community across the nation.
The implication therefore is that after graduation one might have to stay at home for at least five years considering the accumulated backlogs before been mobilised for NYSC. Furthermore, it will also result to a situation whereby participation will be as a result of WHO NO MAN and how highly placed your father is in the society.
The budget for this financial year/the NYSC has long been passed and was extended to may 2017. After which, there was short fall of about fifty thousand graduants that was not captured. This the service applied for funding to the president and was approved and funded through a presidential special intervention fund.
1. The National Association of Nigerian Students led by my able self Comrade Kadiri Aruna want to use this medium to state categorically that this is unacceptable and will be resisted by every peaceful legal means.
2. Let me also use this medium to ask the management of all tertiary institutions to pend mobilisation to NYSC pending when this issue is resolved.
3. The director general as a matter of urgency should retract that directive for it is against the growth and development of our teeming students and the Nigerian citizens.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless the National Association of Nigerian Students.
Aluta Continua! Victoria Acerta!!
Comr. Kadiri Aruna
October 9th, 2016
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- Terry Apala – Palongo ft. Musiliu Ishola - October 23, 2017
- Court Awards N2m To Evans’ Brother-in-law For Wrongful Police Arrest - October 23, 2017
- BlaqBonez – You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives (MI Reply) - October 22, 2017