The Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) has directed lawyers to boycott court in the protest of Walter Onnoghen removal
Below is the statement as issued by the association:
The NBA-NEC Emergency meeting which was held today, the 28th of January 2019, ended with some resolutions.
it was held that lawyers all over Nigeria boycott all courts in the land for two days starting from the 29th day of January, 2019.
SUMMARY OF RESOLUTIONS OF THE NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (NEC) MEETING HELD ON MONDAY, 28TH JANUARY 2019 AT THE NBA AUDITORIUM, NBA HOUSE, ABUJA.
1. NBA Condemns in strong terms the Unconstitutional Suspension of the CJN.
2. NEC resolved that Members should boycott all Courts for the next 2 days starting from tomorrow the 29th to 31st of January, 2019.
3. NEC Ratified the Constitution of a 3 Man Committee (which may be expanded) made up of Former Presidents Olanikpeku, A. B. Mahmood and President Paul Usoro to interface on the issue.
4. NEC adopted and ratified all actions and statements earlier issued by the President on the Prosecution and Suspension of the CJN.
☏ Buzz Maker ☏
The one with his ears pinned to the wall
Latest posts by Osas Osunde (see all)
- Madonna University: Reps Threaten To Arrest Father Founder - April 7, 2019
- President Buhari’s Several Illnesses - February 15, 2019
- Davido Reacts To New Report That He Didn’t Sell Out O2 Arena, Shares Proof - January 31, 2019
TRENDING FOREIGN SONGS NOW
TRENDING NAIJA SONGS NOW
TOP PICKS 🔥