The recently passed “Not Too Young To Run” bill could be a scam and I personally have a problem with.
While we young Nigerians are celebrating this bill, it’s worthy that we take note of the following:
1) Why was the constitution sections 65,106,131 and 177 of the 1999 constitution (2011 as amended) itself not amended fully instead an alteration bill was enacted… Meaning there is another hidden interpretation to the bill which the Senate is not disclosing
2) What legal interpretation could be attached to this?
3) The constitution of Nigeria supersedes all laws but subject to the electoral act 2010 as amended, does this mean the provisions relating to this amendment will be ignored.?
4) Is this bill meant to persuade the mind of Nigerians and Nigerian youths especially towards the forthcoming election where the president even after assent stated, ” don’t run until after 2019″
5) Won’t there be barrier’s from political party’s and other senior political aspirants who would use every means at getting what they want at the detriment of youths
These are issues bothering my legal conscience. I feel what should have been done is creating not too young to run bill, but a bill creating a must for a youth to partake in a particular category
FOOD + MUSIC + INTERNET = LIFE!
Latest posts by Olumide Anifowose (see all)
- Kizz Daniel Says Celebrities Don’t Have The Moral Right To Judge COZA Pastor - July 3, 2019
- Return Of MMM Ponzi Scheme – Woos Nigerians Again - June 23, 2019
- How Can A Nigerian Student Make Money Online? - June 21, 2019
TRENDING FOREIGN SONGS NOW
TRENDING NAIJA SONGS NOW
TOP PICKS 🔥