Just in the wake of Sunday, Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar Church took to twitter to share what he termed “Mental Health”. He made it clear with biblical references that the society and people really need to understand that mental patients should seek medical attention rather than spiritual. He draws the line between faith and medicine.
He started off with the hashtag #MentalHealth.
Sound health is part and parcel of our Salvation package he tweeted
The rest of his tweets read:
- The Prosperity and Health of the Soul is the foundation of the prosperity of the physical body
- There is a controversy amongst Christians on Mental Health issues because we believe it is a Spiritual issue
- Mental illness is as real as physical illness. The lack of understanding gives room for a lot of Ignorance & stigmatization
- Mental Health is the state of emotional, psychological and social well being.
- As a result of ignorance on this issue, we label mental patients and run away from them.
- The root cause of mental illness is Sin. (Rom 6:23)and the foundational solution to mental health is Salvation
- To maintain mental health feed your spirit and soul with healthy diet of God’s word.
- If you don’t get your identity from God’s word you will believe everything the enemy tells you.
- If you allow Satan and your circumstances to define who you are it will distort the balance in your mental state.
- I speak on mental health not as an expert in psychiatry but on the believe that sound health is part of our Salvation
- Feed on God’s word, believe you have the mind of Christ. Interpret your life circumstances through the eyes of God’s word.
- You must fight and win the battles in your Mind. 2nd Corinthians 10:4. You have all it takes to win as a Christian.
- The quality of your life will not be better than the quality of your thoughts. Fight and Win your mind battles.
- Use faith to fight the fiery darts of the enemy. (Ephesians 6:16) Quench every negative news that comes into your life
- If you want to maintain your sanity, you have to be sensitive to God’s word. Be anxious for nothing. Philippians 4:8.
- If something is wrong and you need medical attention or If you know anyone with mental illness. Please seek medical help.
- Seeking medical help for physical or mental illness does not contradict God’s word or having faith for your healing.
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- Sterling Bank Disses GTBank, First Bank, Union… And They Got This - July 22, 2018
- Ibafo Turned Lit For “The Blues In Fashion” - July 21, 2018
- Falz – Child Of The World Starring; Bam Bam, Toyin Abraham - July 21, 2018
Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on talkGlitz.tv?