The new Lamborghini Urus is powered by a 650 horsepower V8 and has a top speed of 190 mph.
- The Lamborghini Urus was unveiled on Monday.
- The SUV is expected to double Lamborghini’s annual sales.
- It’s powered by a 650 horsepower, 4.0-liter, twin-turbocharged, V8 engine.
- Lamborghini claims the Urus has a top speed of 190 mph.
Lamborghini unveiled the all-new Urus SUV on Monday in a presentation that could best be described as shambolic. A technical glitch forced Lamborghini to temporarily shut down the launch presentation and global webstream.
While the presentation may have been a bit of a mess, the Urus is anything but. The Lambo looks lean, mean, and ready to take on the world.
The striking off-roader is just the second SUV in company history and is expected to double the company’s annual sales total to around 7,000 cars globally.
With a starting price of $200,000, the Urus is firmly entrenched in a new class of ultra-luxury, high-performance SUVs dominated by the Bentley Bentagya, Range Rover Autobiography, Porsche Cayenne, and the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon. The Rolls-Royce Cullinan is set to join that group in the near future.
In addition to the 650 horses under the hood, the Lambo is also equipped with an 8-speed automatic that sends power to an advanced four-wheel-drive system with active torque vectoring and four-wheel-steering.
The Urus is also available with carbon ceramic brakes, adaptive air suspension, and six different driving modes.
Inside, the SUV boasts room for four in a leather lined cockpit with a modern touchscreen infotainment system featuring full Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration.
Lamborghini expected to begin delivery of the Urus in the Spring of 2018.
Latest posts by Ibukun Adebanjo (see all)
- Cambridge Analytica: How Data Firm Swept Facebook Of 50 Million Profiles - March 17, 2018
- Senator Ali Wakili Slumps And Dies In Abuja Home - March 17, 2018
- Sean Tizzle – Belinda - March 17, 2018