We’ve seen rappers jostle for who gets the crown, ‘The Best Rapper‘ but truth be told they are all lies. One genre Nigeria has really gotten is the reggae/dancehall.
We making the official top 5 best reggae/dancehall artistes in Nigeria right now.
(5) ENDIA: real name Ujah Lawrence, the me and my guys cronner is relatively unknown to some, peeps have been sleeping on this niccur. His dexterity with the patua is totally awesome. His raving track is raving but in all sincerity, he lacks the Nigerian vibe. Perhaps the reason he is at the bottom of the list
(4) GENERAL PYPE: real name Ibrahim Majekodunmi, he came into limelight with the Champion track. I can tell you categorically he has never been to Jamaica and in fact he switched to patua in 2005, ever since he speaks the patua so eloquently that its almost incomprehensible
(2) PATORANKING real name Patrick Okorie is the biggest reggae/dancehall artiste right now after dropping “Alubarika” years ago, he hasn’t looked back. His trending song “No Kissing Bae” has gained massive airplay within its period of release. His style is a perfect blend of pidgin and patua
(1) BURNA BOY born Damini Ogulu, he is the best reggae/dancehall act we have , I repeat he is the best. His debut hit, “Like To Party” which he released on my birthday May 31,2012 made a huge wave ever since, it’s been hit after hit.
Latest posts by Seyi Shakespear (see all)
- How Is Indigenous Rap Faring In Nigeria? - December 7, 2017
- The Ultimate List Of Nigerian Rappers That Should Fix Up Their Lives - October 24, 2017
- Who Are The Rappers That Really Need To Fix Up Their Lives? - October 23, 2017