Onion is an excellent antioxidant, and it is very rich in vitamin C which enhances growth in human and also help boost the immune system. The skin, and other tissues that rely on the collagen needs vitamin C found in onions to stay healthy. Onion is also known for it great spice in foods, and it is one of the base for many recipes which help foods reach their true flavour potentials.
There are different kinds of onion, which includes The Purple onion, the green onion, the yellow onion, the red, the white, and the leaks. Despite the distinct kinds of onion, yet they serve the same purpose, but they can be slightly sweeter in taste, more spicy,pungent, or sharp depending on the variety and the harvest period.
- It Helps Prevent Cancer: Onions contain quercetin which is a powerful weapon against cancer because it possesses potent antioxidant.
- It Reduces Blood Pressure: Onions contain sulfur which act as a natural blood thinner, and make blood passage through the blood vessels easy without much pressure. It is also good for preventing stroke and heart attack.
- It Helps Lower Blood Sugar: Onions also help prevent diabetes, it contains 27% biotin DRI and this might help to regulate blood sugar and decrease insulin resistance.
- It Enhances Eye Health: Onions Contain vitamin E and sulfur, vitamin E protects the cells in the eyes, and sulfur improves the health of the lens of the eyes and also stimulate the production of glutathione.
- Oral Health: Onions contain thiosulfinates (the sulfur compound) , and it is also rich in vitamin C, the thiosulfinates help reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay while the vitamin C helps the teeth to be more healthy, relieve tooth pain and also prevent tooth holes. Eating onions raw is the best has cooking might destroy some of this beneficial compound.
- Energy Booster: The fiber in onions keep the energy level stable as it slows digestion, the inulin in it helps maintain your staminal level.
- It Enhances Brain Health: Di-n-propyl trisulfide (another sulfur compound) from onions helps improve memory impairment, and also the oxidants in onion binds with the harmful toxins in the brain and flush out of the body. Onions can also be used to treat epilepsy, dizziness etc.
- Glowing Skin: vitamin C is important for imparting a glow to the skin, Onions contain vitamin A, C, E which contribute to the skin health and they protect the skin from premature aging that is caused by free radicals, it also shield the skin from bacteria that causes issues, it also help get rid of dark soot and treat skin pigmentation.
- Hair Growth: onion juice provides extra sulfur for a stronger and thicker hair, thus sulfur can also stimulate collagen production which in turn aid the production of healthy hair growth.
- Improve Sexual Health: taking onion juice with honey helps increase fertility in men. It is used as an herbal medicine in western Uganda for managing sexual impotence and erectile dysfunction.
- Twitter Users Lash Mercy Eke Over ‘Insensitive’ Comment Against Ongoing BBNaija Housemates - August 12, 2020
- Nigerian Music Icon, Davido Follows Mystery Lady On Instagram Weeks After Unfollowing Everybody - August 12, 2020
- #BBNaija: Watch Moment Neo Hurried Out Of The Toilet ‘Nak£d’ To Catch Up With Big Brother - August 12, 2020