Youtube Shooting: Suspect Found Dead After Wounding Three At California HQ
Police reports have confirmed that a woman after invading YouTube Headquarters in California, shooting three people, has killed herself.
One of the three shot, a man of 36-year-old believed to be the suspect’s boyfriend is lying critically injured at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and the two other people involved are women of 32 and 27. According to the hospital source, there was another victim who sustained injury but not from the gunshot.
The identity of the suspect is yet to be unravelled as the police are yet to get her reasons for committing such a heinous crime. Investigations are still ongoing to identify the YouTube shooter.
How The YouTube Shooting Happened
The suspect approached an outdoor patio and dining area near lunchtime and opened fire, NBC reported.
San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said officers arrived at the offices 12:48 (19:48 GMT) local time to find a “chaotic scene” with numerous people fleeing.
Images broadcast on local TV stations showed employees leaving with their hands raised. Other footage appeared to show evacuees forming a queue before being individually frisked by police.
One person with a bullet wound was found at the front of the company headquarters, Mr Barberini said. Minutes later officers found a woman who appeared to have shot herself, he said.
Two further victims were later discovered at a nearby business.
An employee at a nearby fast food restaurant told Fox station KTVU he had treated a young woman who suffered a bullet wound to the leg.
He said he had fashioned a makeshift tourniquet from a bungee cord as they waited for first responders.
Several YouTube employees tweeted about the attack as it was taking place.
Product manager Todd Sherman said people fled the building in panic as the shooting unfolded.
Active shooter at YouTube HQ. Heard shots and saw people running while at my desk. Now barricaded inside a room with coworkers.
— Vadim Lavrusik (@Lavrusik) April 3, 2018
Was just briefed on the shooting at YouTube’s HQ in San Bruno, California. Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved. Thank you to our phenomenal Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders that are currently on the scene.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 3, 2018
Another employee, Vadim Lavrusik, tweeted he was barricaded in a room with other staff. He later said he had been evacuated.
The three wounded were taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. Officials said the 32-year-old woman’s condition was serious and the 27-year-old’s condition was fair.
A fourth person was also taken to hospital with an ankle injury sustained while trying to escape, Mr Barberini said.
Some 1,700 people work at the YouTube HQ. The company is owned by Google and is the area’s biggest employer.
Latest posts by Ibukun Adebanjo (see all)
- Kizz Daniel Acquires New Bentley - December 7, 2018
- Okorocha Pleads With Buhari To Call Oshiomhole To Order - December 6, 2018
- Davido Sells Out Concert At House Of Blues Arena In Boston, US - September 2, 2018
TRENDING SONGS 💹
TOP PICKS 🔥